If you want to travel for 3 days then Prague is the best choice. In your mind you have a question about what to do in Prague in 3 days so here is the best place to visit in Prague.
Prague is the capital as well as the largest city of Czech Republic and because of this unique medieval architecture, historic buildings, bridges, showcasing beautiful castle, churches, and even the cobbled lane, there are millions of tourist come to see this city from all around the world. So, here is the list of Prague things to do that you shouldn’t miss……
- 1 Best Place To Visit In Prague:-
Best Place To Visit In Prague:-
- Above see the photo is a picture of Prague Castle which is a beauty in itself – and that is the reason why it’s so famous among tourists and it is the perfect example of the skillful architecture.
- According to Guinness World Records, Prague Castle is the largest castle complex in the world, with the area covering almost 70,000 square meters.
- In this historical building, there are some famous parts like Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, St. Vitus Cathedral, Golden Lane and the Great South Tower of Cathedral.
- As one visits the Castle, it can be felt that time has stood still. It is the official office of the President of the Czech Republic.
- For the entry, two types of ticket are available which offers the different set of sights and are valid for two days and purchased tickets are not be refunded.
|Type of Thicket||Full Admitation||Family Admitation|
|Circuit A - Prague castle entrance fee||CZK 350||CZK 700|
|Circuit B - Prague castle entrance fee||CZK 250||CZK 500|
|Circuit C - Prague castle entrance fee||CZK 350||CZK 700|
|Prague Castle Picture Gallery||CZK 100||CZK 200|
|Exhibition The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral||CZK 250||CZK 500|
|Powder tower Prague entrance fee||CZK 70||CZK 140|
- Here 1 CZK to USD is 0.046 US Dollar.
- Here is the Prague castle opening hours
|Winter Season (November 1-March 31)||Summer Season (November 1-March 31)|
|Prague Castle complex||6.00 - 22.00||6.00 - 22.00
|Historical buildings||9.00 – 16.00||9.00 – 17.00|
|Prague Castle Gardens||Closed in Winter||10.00 – 18.00|
|Exhibition halls||10.00 – 18.00||10.00 – 18.00|
|The Garden on the Bastion||6.00 – 22.00||6.00 – 22.00|
- Here is the Prague castle Map & Address
- Charles bridge is one of the best places to visit in Prague and the most popular places in the city.
- This amazing Charles bridge in the city is the oldest bridge which was constructed to replace the Judith Bridge, as it was badly damaged due to floods.
- The name of this bridge is named after the Czech king, Emperor Charles IV.
- Charles Bridge lies across the Vltava river, very low to it, making it seem as if resting upon it.
- In this bridge, there are 16 shallow arches and three elegant towers. It’s the main attraction is 30 different Charles Bridge statues of saints which are inspired by Baroque style. Here are some of them…
|Statue of John the Baptist, Charles Bridge|
|Statue of Philip Benizi de Damiani, Charles Bridge|
|Statues of Saints Barbara, Margaret and Elizabeth, Charles Bridge|
- The best time to visit is late at night or early in morning- when you have it all by yourself and you can admire the beautiful view.
- Also, don’t miss the sunset, as it offers the most serene view of the castle with the evening sky.
- If you want to find the wonders of the city then ideal place for that is Charles Bridge Palace Hotel Prague: This hotel situated in the core of the verifiable focal point of the city just strides from the acclaimed fourteenth century Charles Bridge and Old Town square and strolling separation to every primary landmark and neighborhood attractions.
- Here is the Charles Bridge map…
- Petrin Rozhledna was known as the Petrin lookout tower which is a 63.5-meter tall tower and it is very famous due to its resemblance to the Eiffel Tower. This tower is one of the best place to visit in Prague.
- It is 299 steps and it is hard to climb in Petrinska Rozhledna but the view from the top makes it worth your efforts.
- Ticket cost of Petrin tower is 105 CZK per adult which is approx. 4 Euros.
- There are 2 parts of this Petrin tower Prague, First one is cafeteria on the main level and a Second one is small exhibition area on the lowest level.
- Extra tip: Check out the sky observatory.
- Here is the map of Petrin park.
- The name itself leaves one wondering, but wait till you see the building!!
- This interesting building is a mix of baroque and deconstructionist architectures.
- The stunning building exhibits an unusual shape-a woman and man dancing together, holding hands.
- The designer of this Dancing House Prague is Valdo Milunic and Frank O. Gehry.
- It has 9 floors with asymmetrical rooms in it. The ground floor has coffee shops while the spaces of 2nd to 7th floor are occupied by the offices.
- The top floor of the building is open for the public- with city’s leading restaurant and a gallery, you can enjoy the magnificent views of the city from the terrace.
- In this building, there is a Restaurant, Glass Bar, and Gallery. There is no dancing house Prague entrance fee and it is open daily from 10 AM to 10 PM. Entrance fee for a gallery is 190 CZK.
- Dancing house Prague address – Jiraskovo nam. 1981/6, 120 00 Nove Mesto, Czechia.
5. St. Vitus Cathedral:
- This St. Vitus Cathedral is Dedicated to Saint Vitus, this cathedral is a Gothic masterpiece.
- St. Vitus Cathedral is the biggest and most important church in the Czech Republic.
- Placed within Prague Castle, this building has very interesting aspects inside like tall vaults, stunning glass windows and peculiar statues throughout.
- st. Vitus cathedral opening time is 9 am and closing time is 5 PM.
- The tourists are came here to see the Chancel-high ceiling with a beautiful net vaulting, St. Wenceslas Chapel and the Royal Crypt.
- There is a beautiful Rose window, Golden Portal, and the Bell Tower in exterior comprises of the main entrance.
- There is a 150 CZK St Vitus Cathedral Prague entrance fee per person but entry to the cathedral grounds is free.
- Well, you would possibly suppose that Prague has only historic attractions to offer. Then you want to visit the Prague zoo.
- It is no ordinary zoo with caged animals but, instead is walk through wild nature.
- This rugged terrain stretches over 10 km of walking through river valley to rolling meadows.
- Not only children, but even adults enjoy every bit of this wondrous treasure of nature.
- Here is the Prague zoo price table.
|Children under 3 years||Free admission|
|Children (aged 3 to 15 years)||150 CZK|
|Students (with student ID card)||150 CZK|
|Families (2 adults + 2 children)||600 CZK|
- House of over 4,200 animals including 132 endangered species, the zoo is located near Vltava river in Troja district.
- prague zoo hours are from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Here are some main attractions of the zoo – Przewalski’s horse, Gorilla Pavilion, Giant Salamander House, Fur Seal Exhibit and Children’s Zoo.
- Here is the Prague zoo map…
- The best way to know about any city is to visit it’s most vibrant and happening place.
- Certainly, Prague’s Vibrant side is discovered when you visit the Wenceslas Square.
- If you want to see the nightlife of Prague then Wenceslas Square is famous for it.
- This is the center of the business and cultural communities.
- National Museum Building and Statue of Wenceslas are the landmarks here.
- In this buzzing square, you’ll find the variety of restaurants, bars, clubs, luxurious shops, discotheques and numerous tourists passing by.
- It can be said that Wenceslas square in Prague is the place that has something for everyone.
- wenceslas square Prague hotel is famous for chill, eat, drink, dance and fun -making it the most memorable night.
8.The Clementinum and The National Library:
- clementine is one of the best places to visit in Prague.
- If you are a book lover-this place is heaven for you!! The Clementinum is the 2nd biggest complex building of the city, also the living center of education and culture.
- Its extensive grounds consists of the Astronomical Tower, Meridian Hall, the most beautiful Mirror Chapel and the amazing National Baroque Library.
- The National Library is the biggest library of the Czech Republic with more than 6 million documents-some of which are most valued medieval manuscripts.
- The gorgeous Baroque library hall is decorated with amazing science and art-themed fresco paintings which surely leaves you astounded.
- klementinum mirror chapel is the Probably the most beautiful part of the Clementinum complex.
- klementinum library Prague opening hours are daily from 10 AM including the weekend.closing time varies per season:January & February-4:30 PM,March to October-6:00 PM,November & December-5:30 PM.
- Clementinum Prague entrance fee is 220 CZK for adults,500 CZK for family,140 CZK for students and free for seniors and children below 7 years.
9.Prague astronomical clock:
- Situated at Old Town Square, Prague astronomical clock tower is a magnificent clock which is one of the oldest astronomical clocks in the world which is still working.
- It is the most popular place among tourists. And the reason is the working of the clock.
- Each hour is announced with 12 apostles passing by the window above the astronomical dial and with the symbolic sculptures moving aside.
- A marvel of the early 15th-century technology, this fanciful clock is still fully functional.
- The astronomical clock also consists of 8 immobile figures on both sides of a dial and the calendar.
- Decorated with different intriguing symbols- this clock also exhibits movement of the sun, phases of the moon and the Zodiac.
- prague astronomical clock hours are from 9 AM to 10 PM.
10.National Gallery in Prague:
- Not only Prague is outstanding in its culture and beauty but it also has the passion for art and the National Gallery proves it true.
- National Gallery in Prague is not just one building but is 6 different buildings namely- Kinský Palace, Convent of St Agnes of Bohemia, Trade Fair Palace, Sternberg Palace and Schwarzenberg Palace.
- The largest of gallery sites is the Veletržní Palác.
- It withholds a unique collection of Czech and international modern and contemporary art.
- The huge space is transformed into galleries with artworks, sculptures, and design- dating back from the mid-19th century to a modern era.
- You can enjoy the impressive collection of renowned artists such as Pablo Picasso, Georges Braque, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustav Klimt and many more.
- It’s a must visit for an art lover. The entry is free for children and youth under 18 years and for students under 26 years.
This does not end yet because there are some more beautiful places in Prague to see or visit we can say that like an old town square, municipal house, National Museum in Prague, or many others.
There are some best places to eat in Prague, here they are – portfolio restaurant, Restaurant Alcron, Bellevue, Namaste India Indian Restaurant, Etnosvet or many more.
Here is the Prague attraction Map or tourist map you can say that in this map you see all the best place to visit in Prague.
Hope you had enjoyed our little glimpse to the history and culture of this city. It was a mere explanation of its outstanding beauty as no words can fully describe it and one can truly justify them only by visiting. So share this with your dear ones and embark upon an amazing trip to retreat your soul………
If you want to travel to Venice then here is the best place to visit in Venice.