How’s your day going?
If you are in California and you are trying to go for a vacation with friend or family then San Diego is the best place to visit.
The best place to visit in San Diego – there are so many options like Military sites, Museums, Parks, concerts & shows, water tours, Historic walking areas and so many other things.
Here is the list of top 10 things to do in san diego with kids – Zoo,Balboa Park,Seaworld,zoo safari park,USS midway museum,Hotel del Coronado,Cabrillo National Monument,Old Town,Seaport Village,torrey pines,Point Loma,Belmont Park,Birch Aquarium,Maritime Museum,Air & Space Museum,La Jolla Cove,La Jolla Shores,Star of India,Model Railroad Museum,Black’s Beach,Timken Museum of Art,Journey to Atlantis,Automotive Museum,Aquatica,Manta (SeaWorld),Botanic Garden.
This city has 68 miles long beach around the city.
- 1 Best Place to Visit in San Diego
- 1.1 1.San Diego Zoo
- 1.2 2.Balboa Park
- 1.3 3. SeaWorld San Diego
- 1.4 4. USS Midway Museum
- 1.5 5. Hotel del Coronado
- 1.6 6. Cabrillo National Monument
- 1.7 7. Old Town San Diego
- 1.8 8. Belmont Park
- 1.9 9. La Jolla Cove
- 1.10 10. Aquatica San Diego
- 1.11 Tips & Tours: How to visit most of the places in San Diego
- 1.12 Best places to eat in San Diego
Best Place to Visit in San Diego
1.San Diego Zoo
- A zoo is in Balboa Park, which is one of the biggest and very famous zoos in the whole United States.
- In the zoo, there are 3,700 animals of more than 650 species.
- Diego zoo is built on the concept of open-air & Cageless which is best for animals.
- San Diego zoo prices for child(Ages 3-11) is $42.00 and for Adiults(Age 12 & older) is $52.00.
- Zoo hours from 9 AM to 9 PM.
- The zoo is also known as San Diego safari park.
- Here are some of the zoo animals giant panda, giraffe, jaguar, kingfisher bird, lion, ostrich, polar bear and many more.
- San Diego zoo address is 2920 Zoo Drive, Balboa Park, California.
- Here is the San Diego zoo map.
- 1,200 acre Park is an urban cultural park in this city, California, United State.
- Balboa Park was built in 1868.
- In this park there are some beautiful gardens, walking paths and it also contains museums, theaters, and world famous San Diego Zoo.
- Here is the best place to visit in park El Prado, The Zoo, Carousel and Railroad, Botanical Building, Balboa Park Activity Center, Model Railroad Museum, Lawn Bowling Greens, House of Pacific Relations International Cottages, Morley Field Sports Complex, Spanish Village Art Center.
- Here is the Balboa park address – San Diego, CA, USA.
- There are no tickets to enter the park.
- There are some best and famous balboa museums.
- This Park is one of the best free things to do in San Diego at night.
- Here is the Balboa park map which helps you to guide and know the roads.
3. SeaWorld San Diego
- Seaworld San Diego is the most famous and popular park in the world.
- In this park, there is an animal theme park, oceanarium, and marine mammal park.
- This Park was opened on March 21, 1962, means 53 years ago.
- Ares of this is 190 acres and the total number of visitors in SeaWorld San Diego is 4,311,000(2013).
- There are total 15 rides.In this 15 rides, there are 2 roller coasters and 2 water rides.
- Seaworld San Diego ticket is available in four different packages First is single park ticket-$60, Second is multi-park ticket-$95, the third one is annual pass-$13/month and fourth one is hotel package.
- The timing of this park is 10 AM to 10 PM.
- Here is the SeaWorld San Diego address 500 Sea World Dr, CA 92109, USA.
- Here is the Seaworld Map…
4. USS Midway Museum
- USS Midway Museum is not a museum but it is a collection of planes, helicopter and other military things put on retire Military aircraft carrier.
- USS Midway was an aircraft carrier of U.S Navy.
- Uss midway start service in 1945 and retire in 1992.
- Here is the address of the Museum – 910 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA.
- USS Midway Museum hours are from 10 AM to 5 PM.
5. Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel del Coronado is the historic hotel in San Diego.It is second largest wooden architecture in the U.S.
- This hotel was open in 1888 and nowadays it is the best place to visit in San Diego.
- There are total 7 floors and on all 7 floors, there are total 680 rooms.
- Hotel del Coronado suites has 6 different types Junior Suites,Victorian Suites,Signature Suite,Resort Suites,Beach Village cottages,Beach Village villas.
- There is 7 number of hotel del Coronado restaurants.
- Here is the list of restaurants First is 1500 Ocean, Second is Sheerwater, the third one is crown room brunch, Fourth on is Eno, Fifth one is Sun Deck, Sixth one is Babcock & Story Bar, Seventh one is Sunset Bar, the eighth one is More Bars & Bites.
- Here is the Hotel del Coronado address-1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
6. Cabrillo National Monument
- At the end of a southernmost point of Loma, you will find the Cabrillo National Monument.
- This is the place where Juan Rodrigues Cabrillo first land on the west coast of U.S. in 1542.
- The main reason to visit Cabrillo Monument is the beautiful view of that location.
- cabrillo national monument fee for a vehicle is from $5 to $15.
- Here is the address-1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego, CA 92106, USA.
- Here are the Cabrillo monument hours from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- For guideline here is the Cabrillo national monument map.
7. Old Town San Diego
- The old town is the best place to visit in the city and it is the oldest settled place in the city.
- Here is the best San Diego old town restaurants where you must go – Barra Barra Saloon, Cafe Coyote, Casa de Reyes Restaurant, Casa Guadalajara, Cosmopolitan Restaurant, Fred’s Mexican Cafe, Jack & Giulio’s Italian, Miguel’s Cocina, Mexican Cafe, Tequila Factory, Pizza Bella Italian Bistro, Rockin Baja.
- Here is the list of old town hotels – Best Western Hacienda, Cosmopolitan Hotel, Courtyard by Marriott, Easy 8 Motel, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, La Quinta Hotel, Western Inn.
- Old Town hours are from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Old Town San Diego address is – 4002 Wallace St, CA 92110, USA.
- This is one of the best things to do in San Diego at night.
- the old town San Diego state historic park is one of the best cool things to do in san diego.
- Here is the Old Town map…
8. Belmont Park
- Belmont Park is the most famous place in San Diego and it is also the best place to visit in San Diego.
- These Park rides are most famous in San Diego, here is the list of Belmont Park rides – Giant Dipper, The Vertical Plunge, Thunder Boats, Beach Blaster, Krazy Kars.
- Belmont Park roller coaster is the main point of this park.
- Tickets price for this park starts from $20 to $53.
- Belmont Park hours – from 11 AM to 8 PM.
- Here is the Belmont park map…
9. La Jolla Cove
- In San Diego, La Jolla Cove is the most famous place for swimming, snorkeling, and diving.
- In this cove, there are seals and sea lion, for that this is the best attraction of San Diego.
- La Jolla Cove hotel is Pantai Inn, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, Empress hotel-a Greystone hotel, la Valencia.
- la Jolla cove kayaking and La Jolla cove snorkeling is the best place for kayaking.
- Here is the list of best restaurants the taco stand, the cottage la Jolla,a.r. Valentin at the lodge at Torrey Pines, El Pescador fish market.
- This is one of the best and free things to do in San Diego
- For address and directions here is the map of La Jolla Cove.
10. Aquatica San Diego
- Aquatica is the most famous water park and also the best place to visit in San Diego.
- In this water park, they added new rides consistently to attract people.There are total 8 to 10 number of rides.
- Here is the Aquatica San Diego rides list – hooroo run, kiwi curl, tassie’s twister, traumatic racer, Walhalla wave and many more.
- Aquatica San Diego ticket prices are for adults-$35 to $40 and for a child(ages 3-9)-$30.
- After a long day, you need to take rest for that Aquatica San Diego hotel near are available like Chula vista otay valley hotel, Rodeway Inn, and many more.
- Here is the address of the waterpark – 2052 Entertainment Cir, Chula Vista, CA 91911, USA.
- Aquatica hours is from 10 Am to 5 PM.
- Here is the map of this waterpark…
So this all list of best place to visit in San Diego.
Many people ask what to do in San Diego this weekend so here some of the best things to do in this weekend: Global Winter Wonderland: ‘Circus of Light’, Quattro sound: A Holiday Show, Skating by the Sea, Christmas Lights Around San Diego County and many more.
Tips & Tours: How to visit most of the places in San Diego
- If you just want to sightsee then hop-on-hop-off trolley tour is the best way to go.
- In this tour, there are 10 stops and you get live commentary from the onboard guide during your guide, here is the 10 location where tour stop for sightseeing.
1.Old Town State Park
2.Cruise Ship Terminal/USS Midway
4.Marriott Marina/Convention Center
8.Coronado/Mc P’s Irish Pub and Grill
9.Balboa Park (El Prado)/San Diego Zoo
Here is the whole San Diego map which guides you…
Best places to eat in San Diego
|Places to eat in San Diego||Thing to Eat||Address|
|Hodad's||Double bacon cheeseburger||945 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Nico's Mexican Food||California burrito||4918 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Juniper & Ivy||Yodel||2228 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101|
|OB Smoothie Bar and Sub Express||Acai bowl||5001 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Cafe 21||Tiramisu pancakes||750 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Puesto||Guacamole Nogada||789 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Soda & Swine||Fried pizza knots||2750 Dewey Rd #104, San Diego, CA 9211|
|Sundara||Garlic naan||1774 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, CA 92|
|Azucar||Guava cheese pastry||4820 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Wow Wow Waffle||Number Seven||3519 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104|
I hope you like my article and comment which place you like most and go to visit.