How’s your day going?
If you are trying to go for a vacation with friend or family then San Diego is the best place to visit.
The best place to visit in San Diego – there are so many options like Military sites, Museums, Parks, concerts & shows, water tours, Historic walking areas and so many other things.
Here is the list of top 10 things to do in san diego with kids – Zoo,Balboa Park,Air & Space Museum,Seaworld,zoo safari park,Journey to Atlantis,USS midway museum,Aquatica,Hotel del Coronado,Cabrillo National Monument,Timken Museum of Art,Old Town,Seaport Village,torrey pines,Point Loma,Botanic Garden,Belmont Park,Birch Aquarium,Maritime Museum,La Jolla Cove,La Jolla Shores,Star of India,Model Railroad Museum,Black’s Beach,Automotive Museum.
This city has 68 miles long beach around the city.
- 1 Best Place to Visit in San Diego
- 1.1 1.San Diego Zoo
- 1.2 2.Balboa Park San Diego
- 1.3 3. SeaWorld San Diego
- 1.4 4. USS Midway Museum
- 1.5 5. Hotel del Coronado
- 1.6 6. Cabrillo National Monument
- 1.7 7. Old Town San Diego – Best Place to Visit in San Diego
- 1.8 8. Belmont Park
- 1.9 9. La Jolla Cove
- 1.10 10. Aquatica San Diego
- 1.11 Tip & Tours: How to visit most of the Best Place in San Diego
- 1.12 Best places to eat in San Diego
Best Place to Visit in San Diego
1.San Diego Zoo
- A zoo is in Balboa Park, which is one of the biggest and very famous zoos in the whole United States.
- In the zoo, there are 3,700 animals of more than 650 species.
- Diego zoo is built on the concept of open-air & Cageless which is best for animals.
- San Diego zoo prices for child(Ages 3-11) is $42.00 and for Adiults(Age 12 & older) is $52.00.
- Zoo hours from 9 AM to 9 PM.
- The zoo is also known as San Diego safari park.
- Here are some of the zoo animals giant panda, giraffe, jaguar, kingfisher bird, lion, ostrich, polar bear and many more.
- Zoo address is 2920 Zoo Drive, Balboa Park, California.
- Here is the San Diego zoo map.
2.Balboa Park San Diego
- 1,200 acre Park is an urban cultural park in this city, California, United State.
- Balboa Park was built in 1868 and it is the Best Place to Visit in San Diego.
- In this park there are some beautiful gardens, San Diego Zoo, walking paths and it also contains museums, theaters, and many more things
- Here is the best place to visit in park El Prado, The Zoo, Carousel and Railroad, Botanical Building, Balboa Park Activity Center, Model Railroad Museum, Lawn Bowling Greens, House of Pacific Relations International Cottages, Spanish Village Art Center, Morley Field Sports Complex.
- There are no tickets to enter the park.
- There are some best and famous balboa museums.
- This Park is one of the best free things to do in San Diego at night.
- If you lost your way in this park then here is the Balboa park map which helps you to guide and know the roads.
3. SeaWorld San Diego
- Seaworld San Diego is the world’s most famous and most popular park.
- In this park, there is an oceanarium, animal theme park, and marine mammal park. This park is 53 years old.
- Ares of this is 190 acres and the total number of visitors in SeaWorld is 4,311,000(2013).
- There are total 15 SeaWorld rides. In this 15 rides, there are 2 roller coasters and 2 water rides.
- Seaworld San Diego ticket is available in four different packages First is single park ticket-$60, Second is multi-park ticket-$95, the third one is annual pass-$13/month and fourth one is hotel package.
- SeaWorld Hours is from 10 AM to 10 PM.
- Here is the SeaWorld address 500 Sea World Dr, CA 92109, USA.
- Here is the Seaworld Map…
4. USS Midway Museum
- USS Midway Museum is not a museum but it is a collection of planes, helicopter and other military things put on retire Military aircraft carrier and it is also the best place to visit in San Diego.
- Here is the USS midway history date wise
|1946||First Carrier to operate extensively in the sub-Arctic|
|1947||The only successful launch of a German V-2 rocketfrom a ship|
|1963||First successful landing using “Hands Off” auto-pilot technology.|
|1965||Midway pilots shoot down first MiG of the Vietnam War.|
|1973||Midway pilots shoot down last MiG of the Vietnam War.|
|1973||First aircraft carrier home-ported in a foreign country: Yokosuka, Japan|
|1975||Leads the evacuation of Saigon; rescues 3,073 refugees in two days.|
|1991||Flagship of Persian Gulf air operations in Operation Desert Storm.|
|1991||Rescues 1,800 Americans fleeing Mt. Pinatubo eruption.|
|1992||Decommissioned in San Diego, California.|
|2004||Opens as the USS Midway Museum in San Diego.|
|2010||Surpasses 5 million visitors since opening.|
|2012||First Navy ship museum to host 1 million visitors annually.|
- USS Midway was an aircraft carrier of U.S Navy.
- Uss midway start service in 1945 and retire in 1992.
- Here is the USS Midway Museum tickets price
- If you want to park your car then they take some fee for that. USS midway parking rates are between $10-$20.
- Address of the Museum – 910 N Harbor Dr, CA 92101, USA.
- From 10 AM to 5 PM USS Midway Museum opens.
5. Hotel del Coronado
- Hotel del Coronado is the second largest wooden architecture in the U.S and it is the historic hotel in the city.
- This hotel was open in 1888 and nowadays for those people who visit this city first time then it is the best place to visit in San Diego.
- There are total 7 floors and on all 7 floors, there are total 680 rooms.
- Hotel del Coronado suites has 6 different types which is Junior Suites,Signature Suite,Victorian Suites,Resort Suites,Beach Village villas,Beach Village cottages.
- There is 7 number of hotel del Coronado restaurants.
- Here is the list of restaurants First is Babcock & Story Bar, Second is Sunset Bar, the third one is crown room brunch, the Fourth one is More Bars & Bites, Fifth one is Sun Deck, Sixth one is 1500 Ocean, Seventh one is Sheerwater, the eighth one is Eno.
- Here is the address of Hotel del Coronado -1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
6. Cabrillo National Monument
- If you want to see Cabrillo National Monument then go to the end of a southernmost point of Loma.
- This is the place where Juan Rodrigues Cabrillo first land on the west coast of U.S. in 1542.
- The main reason to visit Cabrillo Monument is the beautiful view of that location.
- There is the fee for a park the vehicle in Cabrillo national monument and it starts from $5 to $15.
- Address of this monument is -1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, CA 92106, USA.
- Here are the Cabrillo monument hours from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- For guideline here is the Cabrillo national monument map.
7. Old Town San Diego – Best Place to Visit in San Diego
- The old town is the best place to visit in the city and it is the oldest settled place in the city.There are so many things to do in old town.
- Here is the best San Diego old town restaurants where you must go – Barra Barra Saloon, Mexican Cafe, Cafe Coyote, Cosmopolitan Restaurant, Casa de Reyes Restaurant, Casa Guadalajara, Rockin Baja, Fred’s Mexican Cafe, Jack & Giulio’s Italian, Miguel’s Cocina, Tequila Factory, Pizza Bella Italian Bistro.
- Here is the list of old town hotels – Best Western Hacienda, La Quinta Hotel, Easy 8 Motel, Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn Express, Cosmopolitan Hotel, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Western Inn.
- Old Town hours are from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Old Town San Diego address is – 4002 Wallace St, CA 92110, USA.
- The old town state historic park is one of the best cool spots in San Diego.
- Here is the Old Town map…
8. Belmont Park
- Belmont Park is the most famous place in San Diego.
- This Park is famous for its rides in San Diego, here is the Belmont Park rides list – Beach Blaster, Giant Dipper, Thunder Boats, The Vertical Plunge, Krazy Kars.
- Belmont Park roller coaster is the main point of this park.
- Tickets price for this park starts from $20 to $53.
- Belmont Park hours – opening time 11 AM and closing time at 8 PM.
- Here is the Belmont park map…
9. La Jolla Cove
- In San Diego, If you find a place for swimming, snorkeling, and diving then La Jolla Cove is the most famous place.
- In this cove, there are seals and sea lion, for that this is the best attraction of San Diego.
- La Jolla Cove hotel is Pantai Inn, The Lodge at Torrey Pines, Empress hotel-a Greystone hotel, la Valencia.
- la Jolla cove kayaking and La Jolla cove snorkeling is the best place for kayaking.
- Here is the list of best restaurants the taco stand, the cottage la Jolla, El Pescador fish market, Valentin at the lodge at Torrey Pines.
- If you want to do some unique things to do in San Diego then there is no other place like this.
- For address and directions here is the map of La Jolla Cove.
10. Aquatica San Diego
- Aquatica is the most famous water park and also the best place to visit in San Diego.
- In this water park to attract people, they consistently added new rides. There are total 8 to 10 number of rides.
- Here is the Aquatica San Diego rides list – hooroo run, kiwi curl, tassie’s twister, traumatic racer, Walhalla wave and many more.
- For adults, Aquatica San Diego ticket price is -$35 to $40 and for a child(ages 3-9)-$30.
- After a long day, you need to take rest for that there is some great hotel are available near Aquatica Like- Chula vista otay valley hotel, Rodeway Inn, and many more.
- Here is the address of the waterpark – 2052 Entertainment Cir, Chula Vista, CA 91911, USA.
- Aquatica hours is from 10 Am to 5 PM.
- Here is the map of this waterpark…
Many people ask what to do in San Diego this weekend. For those people here some of the best things to do in this weekend: Global Winter Wonderland: Circus of Light, Quattro sound: A Holiday Show, Skating by the Sea, Christmas Lights Around San Diego County and many more.
Tip & Tours: How to visit most of the Best Place in San Diego
- If you just want to sightsee then hop-on-hop-off trolley tour is the best way to go.
- In this tour, there are 10 stops and you get live commentary from the onboard guide during your guide, here is the 10 location where tour stop for sightseeing.
1.Old Town State Park
2.Cruise Ship Terminal/USS Midway
4.Marriott Marina/Convention Center
8.Coronado/Mc P’s Irish Pub and Grill
9.Balboa Park (El Prado)/San Diego Zoo
Here is the whole San Diego map which guides you…
Best places to eat in San Diego
|Places to eat in San Diego||Thing to Eat||Address|
|Hodad's||Double bacon cheeseburger||945 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Nico's Mexican Food||California burrito||4918 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Juniper & Ivy||Yodel||2228 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101|
|OB Smoothie Bar and Sub Express||Acai bowl||5001 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Cafe 21||Tiramisu pancakes||750 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Puesto||Guacamole Nogada||789 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101|
|Soda & Swine||Fried pizza knots||2750 Dewey Rd #104, San Diego, CA 9211|
|Sundara||Garlic naan||1774 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, CA 92|
|Azucar||Guava cheese pastry||4820 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107|
|Wow Wow Waffle||Number Seven||3519 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104|
I hope you like my article and comment which place you like most and go to visit.
If you want to travel to las vegas then here is the best place to visit las vegas.